Prepare for the TOEFL® test and learn how to improve your score and English language skills from the experts who create the exam.
After completing the course, you will have a much better understanding of how to study for the TOEFL test. You will gain valuable tips to help you do your best on the TOEFL test so that you can apply to the university or job of your dreams
About this course
This test preparation course, developed by the experts who create, administer and score the TOEFL test, will help English language learners improve their skills.
The TOEFL test is the world’s most trusted and widely accepted English-language assessment. It has helped millions of people achieve their dreams to study, work or live abroad. More than 10,000 institutions of higher education, government agencies and organizations worldwide accept TOEFL scores for making important decisions.
This course will help you understand what you can do to achieve your best TOEFL test score. Instructors will guide you through each section (Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing) and, using archived past test questions, will explain the kinds of questions you can expect. You will receive valuable advice, including how to register for the test, how it is scored and how to prepare for test day.
This course is highly interactive, using videos, sample questions with explanations, short quizzes and collaborative discussion boards. You will also have access to real test materials from past tests. During the weeks covering Speaking and Writing, all course participants can receive scores for their practice-test responses.
In addition, there will be free resources and discounted test prep offers throughout the course. Finally, you will receive valuable insider tips to help you do your best on the TOEFL test so you can apply to the university or job of your dreams.
Who takes the TOEFL test? More than 30 million people from all over the world have taken the TOEFL test to demonstrate their English-language proficiency.
- Students planning to study at an institution or university
- Candidates for scholarships and professional certification
- English-language learners who want to track their progress
- Students and workers applying for visas in certain countries
What you’ll learn
- How to improve your English language skills
- How to effectively navigate the four sections of the TOEFL test: Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing
- Tips to help you prepare for the TOEFL test
- How the TOEFL test is scored
- How to use your TOEFL test scores for employment, study, visas and scholarships
- Ways to manage your time during the test
- Where to find additional resources about the TOEFL test
- How to register for the TOEFL test
In this test preparation course, instructors will guide you through each test section (Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing) and explain the kinds of questions you can expect using real past test questions.
- Length: 6 Weeks
- Effort: 2–4 hours per week
- Institution ETSx
- Subject: Communication
- Level: Introductory
- Language: English
- Video Transcript: English
- Week 1 – Welcome to TOEFL Test Preparation: The Insider’s Guide
- Week 2 – Reading
- Week 3 – Listening
- Week 4 – Speaking
- Week 5 – Writing
- Week 6: About Test Day and Beyond
Free online courses from ETSx Educational Testing Service
At ETS, we advance quality and equity in education for people worldwide by creating assessments based on rigorous research. ETS serves individuals, educational institutions and government agencies by providing customized solutions for teacher certification, English language learning, and elementary, secondary and postsecondary education, and by conducting education research, analysis and policy studies. Founded as a nonprofit in 1947, ETS develops, administers and scores more than 50 million tests annually — including the TOEFL® and TOEIC® tests, the GRE® tests and The Praxis Series® assessments — in more than 180 countries, at over 9,000 locations worldwide