Understanding IELTS: Listening
Find out what you need to know about the IELTS Listening test and learn techniques to improve your test performance.
Prepare for success in your IELTS Listening test
The British Council’s four Understanding IELTS courses will give you a complete guide to everything you need to know as you prepare for the IELTS test.
This course focuses on the Listening test. You’ll explore the format of the test and develop learning strategies to help you tackle the different types of tasks you’ll meet.
You’ll also look at general English listening strategies that will help you cope with the kind of complex texts on unfamiliar topics that you’ll meet in your IELTS studies.
What topics will you cover?
- The IELTS Listening test format
- IELTS Listening task types
- Listening skills and strategies
- Texts on unfamiliar topics
- What to expect on test day
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Explore the IELTS Listening test and learn how to improve your test performance
- Develop learning strategies to help you tackle the different types of tasks you’ll meet
- Apply general English listening strategies that will help you deal with the kind of complex texts on unfamiliar topics that you’ll meet in your IELTS studies
- Develop confidence and feel fully prepared on the day of the test
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone preparing for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test. IELTS teachers will also find it useful.