Learn how a manager or CEO develops a business strategy, including analyzing the market and creating competitive advantage.Strategic Management
Information about the course:
- Length: 5 Weeks
- Effort: 3 – 5 hours per week
- Price: FREE
- Institution: IIMBx
|Provider||Indian Institute of Management Bangalore|
|Course teacher||Vasanthi Srinivasan|
|certificate||YES with fees|
In this business and management course, you will develop a strong understanding of how firms compete by learning about important analytical approaches that underlie business strategy.
This course will show you how a business views itself in its “totality” and in the context of its environment. The course will be taught from the perspective of a manager or chief executive officer (CEO).
This course aims to equip you with a good understanding of:
- What managing a firm strategically implies?
- How one analyzes the industry in which a firm competes?
- How does a firm create competitive advantage?
- How does a firm sustain its competitive advantage?
What you’ll learn :
- Industry and competitive analysis
- Resource and competency analysis
- Analysing strategy across corporate and business levels
Week 1: Introduction to Strategic Management Week 2: Analyzing the External Environment Week 3: Analyzing the Internal Environment Week 4: Competitive Positioning Week 5: Managing the Multi-business Firm.